Sunday 28 February 2010

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Blogger: I have found that Blogger proved to be a very effective way for me to showcase all of the work I have produced this year. I am able to showcase everything in one place, allowing people to appreciate all of the work that has gone in to creating the end products. Blogger also allowed my fellow classmates and teacher to access my work throughout the project, allowing them to keep track of my progress and to leave feedback if they felt it was necessary.

Final Cut Pro: This software was the most valuable resource we used when creating our teaser trailer. Through this, we could upload all of the footage we had captured and then decide what amount of that footage we were then going to use. We also were able to then edit all of our chosen footage together to create a teaser trailer that resembled that of professional production company. Final Cut Pro also allowed us to make various adjustments to the trailer to make it more coherent i.e. due to filming difficulties we had to shoot in the daytime but using Final Cut Pro meant we were able to change the brightness settings to make it look as though it was shot during the night.

Photoshop CS4: Photoshop was used to create the ancillary texts for my project, allowing me to easily follow the correct format of existing movie magazines and posters to create a professional looking final product. This software also meant I was able to crop stills form the trailer I created so I could incorporate them into my ancillary tasks, meaning I was able to maintain continuity between my teaser trailer and ancillary tasks.

Video Camera: We used a video camera to film our footage. They were attached to Tripods to keep them steady during filming and meant we were able to use pan and tilt shots in our teaser trailer. A separate camera was used for uploading, allowing us to use our footage to create a teaser trailer.

Flickr: Flickr has been used throughout the course to make blog posts more engaging. Flickr has the option of allowing us to attach notes to the pictures we have uploaded, making note-taking a lot more manageable. There is also another option for other people to leave notes on the same picture, allowing us to accept feedback from our target audience.

You tube: This website gave me access to thousands of teaser trailers, created by professional production companies, allowing me to gain an insight into the standard conventions of the horror teaser trailer. As this web application is closely associated with the term ’Web 2.0’, we were able to upload our teaser trailer onto it, meaning it is now accessible to millions of other internet users around the globe.


1 comment:

  1. You need to reflect more on each of the STAGES mentioned in the question. For example, in your evaluation did you find working with a blog and flickr helped you extend your ideas, or be clearer, or did you think that using a more traditional form like an essay would have been better. When you talk about flickr comments for feedback do you mean blogger?

    ReplyDelete